LET’S PLAY SPIN THE BOTTLE…who should I buy this for??
If you are in need of searching for the perfect gift for someone special or you would like to treat your self to something, well this is the gift for you. I would like to present to you (with no pun intended on the gifts and presents) the S’well bottle.
Ok your probably thinking….what the…..???
It is not just any ordinary water bottle, it is THE WATER BOTTLE of the century. Throw away all your existing bottles and get this one. I am telling you it will change your life (ok not really) but you will be glad that you did!!
I have no idea how I discovered this bottle. (ok maybe I should start documenting the beginning of my researches) But I was doing a lot of Bikram yoga back in the days (a form of hot yoga done in a heated room of 40C). You see when you do yoga in extreme heat you sweat a lot. You have to stay hydrated before , during and after. So drinking water was very essential for me, it was my fuel to my every class. However, whenever I would bring my bottle to class, the water would be warm. Your probably wondering, why not put ice in it or freeze your bottle. Yes eventually that is what I succumbed to. But even then, drinking cold, brisk, water in a hot yoga room, breathing uncontrollable is a shock to the body. So I had to find something better. I searched many websites for water bottles, until I landed on the S’well website. I thoroughly did my research and I noticed it got rave reviews. I mean even Ellen and Oprah gushed over it (hello need I say more..).
What made this product so different from the others is its 18/8 double-walled stainless steel. (This means that it has high-quality stainless steels and it contains 18% chromium and 8 or 10% nickel, making it non-toxic). This also provides great durability and insulation, it keeps drinks cold for up to 24hrs and hot for up 12 hours. And so I was sold! I bought my S’well bottle at a health food store in Montreal called “À Votre Santé” . They had so many colors to choose from. I was a kid at a candy store.
As mentioned it comes in many colors but in 3 sizes, 9 oz (250ml), 17 0z (500ml) and 25 oz (1 liter). (I actually purchased 2 bottles, one that is 9 oz and the other is a 17oz).
First of all whoever is in marketing is a genius. From the look of the bottle, to the colors, right down to the material that they used to make this worth while. Every bottle comes with it’s own, nice, cylindrical box and a small message. (There is literally a small message in every bottle). The message is a strip of paper describing it’s contents and care as well its charitable affiliations.
After I purchased my bottle I was so exciting to use it that I left my S’well bottle of hot tea in my car in -32C weather for up to 8hrs. Eight hours later (because of my forgetfulness) I opened to take a sip thinking it was ice cold, to my amazement it was warm. Wow!! Revolutionary!! I then took it to all my hot yoga classes, and it had answered all my questions! This is an amazing product! It does more then expected. As mentioned from their site.
- Keeps your drinks cold for 24 hours, hot for 12
- 18/8 double-walled stainless steel, non-toxic, non-leaching and BPA free
- 9oz & 17oz fit in a standard sized cup-holder
- 25oz holds an entire bottle of wine
- Bottles do not condensate
- Mouth is wide enough for ice cubes and drip-free sipping
- Vacuum sealed
- S’well has teamed up with the U.S. Fund for UNICEF to help provide clean drinking water to children around the world
I can to attest to all of the above. But I would like to add my own PROS and CONS
- this could be great to keep milk warm/hot for newborns
- fits in any purse or cup holder
- easy to clean with warm water and soap
- very sturdy with no dings (even though I bang mine into things)
- no after taste when drinking from the bottle
- it comes in cool designs, making it very stylish to bring with you
- keeps liquids cold for 24 hrs and warm for up 12hrs -definite check
- great for teas, coffee and soups
- great to bring on vacation (especially if you want to keep cervezas in them!) or campgrounds
- great gift idea
- affordable for its size
- motivates me to drink more water
- using less plastic bottles
- my bf keeps stealing mine
- paint does get scratched overtime (but that is common with anything nowadays)
Ok so your probably wondering…
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST $$$$???
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THEM??
You can purchase them online via their site S’well, or you can buy them at Indigo’s website. Or if you live in the Montreal area you can physically buy them at the Indigo bookstore or at “A Votre Sante” Health Food store.
As for price, let’s just say it is less than $100. Which is a good thing! Depending on the size, the smallest can range from $25+, the medium and the large can range from $34-$50+, which is not bad if your giving it as a gift.
So I hope you enjoyed my post and my review.
Go ahead spoil yourself Raw’tn!!!
first picture photo credit:http://www.swellbottle.com/swell-bottle-lookbook
stainless steel information-http://planetarydesign.com/411-304-stainless-steel-french-press/